Denon 3311 CI FLAC streaming....

Gliderguy3

Does anyone know what the maximum album art file size allowed embedded in a FLAC file? I recently found that I can stream hi rez (DVD-A, 96kHz/24bit) FLAC directly to my Denon 3311 through Songbird. Some files would not play until I stripped out the embedded album artwork. Niether DLNA or FLAC seem to specify a maximum file size for album art metadata, any Denon experts here know what that limit might be? During troubleshooting I converted the files to ALAC 48/16 to stream through iTunes and it also failed until i stripped the artwork from the individual files. In all cases, the unmodified files would play to the computer speakers thru either Songbird or iTunes.

Thanks in advance!

Heh, digging a little deeper, the album causing the problem- Crosby, Stills & Nash "Daylight Again", had the album art saved at - get this - 2400 x 2400! That is not a typo, it would have to be downsampled to fit vertically on a 4k quad HD screen. Almost a 6Mb file. The Norah Jones album that plays with no problem was saved at 1200 x 1200. Don't think I have a problem because all my other ripped. FLAC files are 500 x 500 or smaller. Technology is wonderful - when it works!