1972 Cornwall II

Pete C

djk,

I remember hearing that and thought about it. I guess the picture is showing an optional riser. I would hope there would be some tilt on it to get the sound off of the floor.

It is strange that the optimal setup for the horns is vertical when the K-horns and the rest have them horizontal. Cabinet size is important to the design, as is that right-left problem. And there looks to be enough room to center the speakers in cabinet vertically, though there are two different horns. My RF-3s' 90x60 Tractrix horn has the longer opening vertical, though the outside of the horn is square.

Just wanted to tweak your nose a bit.I built a pair of Cornwall sized speakers for my brother's church with an 8 X 10 slot in front of the K33 and and EV 8HD difraction horn front mounted vertically with the edge hanging over the front of the woofer frame.The K77 tweeter mounted horizontally above the 8HD.I also built six pair of 'Super Heresy' that had two K22 with the vertical 8HD + horizontal K77 set up.It does sounds best if all the drivers are in a line vertically.