Rear Speakers in Headphone Jack

Lil888

Alright i have a crappy 2 channel soundcard that came is part of the motherboard...yea yea i know ill get one later once i get more money. I didnt get a Y adapter to plug the rear speakers in. Instead I plugged the front speakers to the sound card and the rear speakers into the headphone jack. Will this be bad for my speakers or anything? Is this bad to do?

don't think it could do anything, but I would get a little, cheap, y adapter till you get your new sound card, which are so cheap now-a-days.

you are only adding and extra 200-300mW's to the rear channel by doing this, so I don't see it causing a problem.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Yea Ill get one later cause I cant drive til next month. Would the sound be better or louder if i used the Y-Adapter cause i see no point in buying a y adapter if its going to do the same thing as plugging into the headphone adapter

no louder. don't thing it would be better either.

you can stick with it that way if you like. you may get more balanced sound with the adapter, but you don't have to have it.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>