DIY Center for KLF 30's

PBT

Hi all,

I am after some help with making a center channel to suit my KLF 30's.

I hope i am asking this in the correct forum!!!

I have read the threads about modifying a KLF 30 to make it into a horizontal center channel and that sounds great.

Problem is that these speakers never come up for sale in Oz and to have them shipped would be prohibitive.

I can get a pair of the woofers but i need horns to match. I will get crossovers from Bob Crites.

There is a variety of heritage horns for sale both here and on e-bay but no KLF 30's.

Reading thru the Cornscala threads i have seen how they have been made 2-way and 3-way successfully as well as done using a variety of horns including the eliptrac 400.

This got me to thinking that i could perhaps make this "KLF" type center using the same dimensions as a KLF 30 however using a better horn than came with the standard speakers and maybe even making it 2-way.

For home theater use the center channel carries a lot of the weight of the system so perhaps an upgraded horn would be even better than the horizontal KLF 30.

My knowledge is limited to reading thru about 50 Cornscala threads so i am putting the question out to the comminity for opinions on two things.

1. Could i improve the performance of this "KLF 30 type center" by utilising a better horn whilst trying to maintain some sort of Timbre match?

2. What alternatives exist to the standard KLF 30 horns that will work and be timbre matched?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul