X7i Warranty Issue

SeanP2013

A couple months ago the x7i headphones I purchased ceased to function properly, and I was instructed by your staff to take it in for a replacement to your third party Canadian warranty facility. The original x7i set that I had purchased was black, however once at the facility I was told that they could not replace my headphones with a black pair and gave me a white pair instead. At the time of purchase I had intentionally bought a black pair, as I travel quite a lot and needed a discrete pair of headphones. The small profile and black cord of the x7i were ideal for my needs. I have stopped using the white replacement unit as it does stand out.

However I was recently told by a colleague that he was sent a black replacement set and thought I'd send an email regarding this issue. The x7i's had remarkably good audio quality and it's quite regrettable that I cannot use them anymore.

My question is, is this standard practice? I'm in Canada so had to take them to a third part that Klipsch outsources its warranty serving out to. I emailed Klipsch, regarding my issue and was told to contact the third party. So is there no accountability with regards to internatial buyers when it comes to satisfactory warranty fullfillment?

Edit** After some more back and fourth with a Klipsch rep, he told informed with that he will try to remady the issue on his end and see what can be done.

Edited by SeanP2013