Hercules GameTheatre XP

ullteppe

Just bought it, the soundcard that is. In new PC.

Anyone who has this combination, with the Klipsch 4.1 I mean ? (I use win98 on both computers. )

But the volume seems soo low compared to my semi-ancient (Nov1998) PC with a Soundblaster AWE 16 or 64, ISA.

Tried adjusting the master windows volume as well as in the Hercules sound center. Even un-muted all possible channels.

BUT to get where I was at 25% on the volume knob on the control speaker on the old system, I now need to go all the way up in the software(from 60-70% earlier), and go to 50% on the speaker. And the base/low frequency/sub seems to be missing/lacking as well.

I chose the 4 speaker system, which was recommended for this setup. But also most of the other ones...

Is there some other places you have to adjust the volume as well ?

If anyone know ANYTHING, please holla !

or is it just that these newer sound cards dont have that much juice in them, as they dont need to power the speakers all by themselves.... ?

don't know why the volume is so low. set it to 4 speaker for music, it will be louder and will have better bass there.

turn up the wave volume and the main volume, i bet your wave volume may be down.

check all the programs that have volume controls to make sure they are not turning it down.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

You must be missing something, I have the GTXP and for decent volume I have the 4.1s set on half, the wave volume at 100% and the main volume at one mouse wheel scroll above 0...this is easily good enough for quieter but nicely audible listening when you don't want to impress your friends!