American History X

justin_tx_16

Hmmmm, Instead of dross "lame"... your post or Justin's? Either could be more gold "lamé" with a bit more description and opinion for those of us who haven't screened the flick. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-12-2002 at 10:26 AM

youre right.

the movie is actaully amazing.

the cameras shifting between black and white are fantastic (not as good as memento, where noaln is trying to recreate the whold polaroid thing), and some of the shots are simply stunning.

the story is pretty good, but is a litle cliched at times. the ending is stunning, everyhting tells you something wrong is going to happen, and it does, just nothing that you would expect. i hate saying this, becuase it sounds so fake, but the movie is heartwarming...but at the same time disturbing, i was silenced after watching it for a good 10 15 min...this is a lot coming from the person voted most talkative last year Smile.gif

------------------

email me @:

skpathak24@socal.rr.com

IM me @:

TheSureelist

quote:

Originally posted by DBvader:

the movie is actaully amazing.

the cameras shifting between black and white are fantastic (not as good as memento, where noaln is trying to recreate the whold polaroid thing), and some of the shots are simply stunning.

the story is pretty good, but is a litle cliched at times. the ending is stunning, everyhting tells you something wrong is going to happen, and it does, just nothing that you would expect. i hate saying this, becuase it sounds so fake, but the movie is heartwarming...but at the same time disturbing, i was silenced after watching it for a good 10 15 min...

I could not have said it better, especially the 15 minutes of silence, i was... wowed. along with the other 5 people watching it on my HT with me.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

American History X is, without a doubt, one of, no, is THE single most powerful movie I have ever seen. Hands down. Living in the deep south, I am quite accostomed to racism and bigotry, and while I have never been one to hold those feelings myself, I was often very neutral and complacent toward the subject. However, after seeing this film and the grim reality of the subject, any and all views I had of racism changed forever. I realized that racism isn't something to joke about or take lightly. It is quite possibly one of the stupidest concepts I have ever heard, and also one of the most tragically harmful.

Well, allow me to climb off of my soapbox for a second to actually talk about the film. The directing was absolutely brilliant, switching between the color shots and the black and white shots. Also, the slow-motion shot of Edward Norton turning to face his brother in the beginning still gives me chills every time I see it. Speaking of Norton, his role in this movie was the one that cemented him into the spot of my favorite actor. Edward Furlong also did a great job in his role, as did Ethan Suplee. The movie has so many powerful parts that after all the times I've seen it, I still tear up at the end. (and I hardly ever cry at movies)

This movie is a testament to what all filmmaking has the potential to be. I hope this post can persuade someone to go and rent it for themselves.