Capacitor Values and Tolerence

marems

I have a question regarding capacitor tolerence. I'm going to be updating the caps in my RB-75's and I'm going to go with the claritycap ESA 630vdc's,& I found all that match to the factory values except for the 2.5uf. Claritycap has it only in a 2.2uf and a 2.6uf value with a rated +- 3% tolerence. Which of the two cap values would be recommended?? The schematic calls for a +- 5% tolerence. I'm kinda new with the cap upgrade DIY project, I have updated my forte's with all jentzen superior z caps and mills restors, I pleased with that upgrade I completed. So I have some experience in replacing the caps in the klipsch xovers. Advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I would use the 2.6uF. Id say the original spec called for a 5%, and a 3% tolerance makes the two close anyway.

2.5uF 5% is 2.375uF to 2.625uF

2.6uF 3% is 2.522uF to 2.678uF - overlap 2.522 to 2.625

2.2uF 3% is 2.134 uF to 2.266uF - no overlap at all with the 2.5

So, unless you want to change the network, I would avoid the 2.2 uF cap. There is no overlap between it and the schematic suggested 2.5uF.