HH Scott LK 72

sasqwatch

I know this section of the forum is for speaker discussions, but I just wasn't sure were to ask as this isn't a kllipsch product. I am being walked thru a restoration of a early LK72 (brown face) . I find myself at the point of capacitor choice. I really want to keep the sound as close to original as possible. From my research it seems that the caps in the signal path are what are to be concerned with. More often than not Russian film and foil are discussed. Would anyone care to share their experiences on capacitor choice and if they feel the amp retained its original glory.

A few concerns I may have

1. size of cap related to stock ( being able to fit in space original came from )

2 source to buy from

3 cost ( would like to be able to keep electricity turned on ,to enjoy the amp when done)

Any and all insight will be appreciated greatly.

Guest David H

Most important, choose caps of the right voltage that fit.

I used Russian paper in oil caps for the coupling caps recently, and though they sounded good, I am not sure they sounded a whole lot different than the Wima's I pulled. Either way, very happy with the sound.

I suspect you may need 600v caps for your Scott. Erse has a good selection 630V caps reasonably priced.

Parts express sells Audyn caps that may fit your needs as well.

Maybe Craig from NOS Valves will chime in, as he has a lot of experience with the Scotts.

Dave

Edited by GotHover