In wall speakers to go with KSP 400's?

Wyatt Earp

Howdy folks--thanks in advance of any input you may have. I'm moving, and want to put some in-wall speakers to be used as surround speakers and double for music. I've had this arrangement before and actually like it quite well.

My question is, should I be looking at the Reference or Synergy Custom series to match my KSP 400's and my center which is a KLF-C7?

OR, should I be re-thinking the whole idea and move on to actual surround speakers. Problem is, I like the 5 channel stereo mode and think that dipoles might be too diffuse.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Try the Reference line,I have the IW-150's and the spl on them is way to low to keep up with my K-Horns.I ahve KSP-S6 side surrounds and just found some more KSP-S6's to take the IW's place.I don't do too much 5 channel music.

I've heard that the reference line matches most other lines farly good.Having not listened,can't say for sure.

Direct radiating surrounds can do a very good job,just depends on the room lay-out.