Mounting Quintets on speaker stands...

hodori

I've got a pair of stands and a pair of quintets. The problem is that besides the square plate atop the stands and the stands, I've misplacced all other parts plates. As you know, the quintets have horseshoe-shaped "legs" at the bottom. Not quite sure how to go about mounting the quintet on the speaker stand. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need additional parts. But what and where to get them? I'd appreciate some pointers. Thanks!

Don't know if this will help, but I had the same problem.

All I did was run to my local Home Depot and buy a 1' x 4'.

I then cut the wood into pieces small/large enough to mount the Quintets on (like a 4x6 plate). I put the speaker on the wood and traced the shape of the base onto the wood. On the bottom of the "horse shoe" there are holes where you can put a screw head in and slide the base to kinda "lock" them into place. I lined up the holes with some screws that I put into the wood, slid the base 1/2' and "voila," the speaker was attached to the wood. Not the greatest, but tight enough that I could lift the speaker stand up by lifting the speaker and jiggle it a little bit without the setup falling apart. I guess you could use some glue as well, since its the bottom of a speaker base and I wound't really care what it looked like if I decided to use the speakers elsewhere.

To finish up, I painted the wood black to match the stands. I then drilled a hole in the center of the wood, and put the long screw that was part of the speaker stand through and screwed the wood into the stand.

I know there are easier fixes out there, that others will have. But hey, it works!

Good Luck