rw10-d kaput

McMiRA

haven't been home much to enjoy anything in the house. The theater room is waiting on ups to deliver a new bulb for the panny so we decided to have movie night in the tv room the other night. This room gets used for news, weather channel, and whatever reality trash my wife decides to rot her brain with. ordered a pizza and a red box and the first thing i noticed was the sub wasn't on. went and fiddled with it and it was dead. wasn't to happy about it but i was hungry and determined to sit down and watch a movie so i pulled the sub out of the spare bedroom and hooked it in and didn't even bother to set it.it was pizza and movie night dammit!

spent about 5 minutes in the garage yesterday checking the cord on the rw with my scope. now its time to dig inside the amp. Where do i need to start? haven't cracked it open yet.

• 1 month later...

I'm new .... could be wrong on this but had the same sub and same problem. First check the fuse ... part of housing that acccepts electrical cord connecting to sub. If not that ... or it blowes after replacing remove rear plate with all components. Mine had to be pried loose with small screw driver.

I noticed something was toasted and found out that I could order all "guts" from Klipsch for about $150. Be careful with wires to woofer and to digital controller when removing. Should be easy to replace if you are handy.