4.1 Klipsch Left Rear Speaker problem

Krayzie

Hey, I was wondering why my left rear speaker's sound is so low compared to my right rear speaker. I tried changing the right rear speaker with the left rear speaker to see if it was the speaker but no matter what which ever speaker is plugged into the left rear has a much lower volume then the right rear speaker. I'm guessing that theres something wrong with either my sub or my soundblaster 5.1 config. Anyone have any ideas? If I have my Klipsch volume turned down my left rear speaker hardly makes any sounds while I can still hear my right rear speaker.... I have to turn up my speakers in order to hear my Left rear speaker.. any ideas?

This message has been edited by Krayzie on 07-31-2002 at 12:53 AM

could be the control pod or the amp. to see if it is the control pod, turn up the control pod to like half way and turn down the computer, play music with the volume being changed only with the computer. how does the rear left sound compared to the rear right?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

well when the control pod's volume is turned up high the left rear speaker is just as loud as the right rear speaker. however if the volume on the control pod is low i can hardly make out the left rear speaker. so does that mean the control pod is at fault?

This message has been edited by Krayzie on 07-31-2002 at 01:20 AM

sounds liek a control pod problem to me. how old are they? call/email klipsch tomorrow and see what they say, but that is what I think is the problem. the pot is not working correctly (potentionometer) could just be dirty, but don't open it to see Smile.gif that voids the warranty.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

quote:

Originally posted by Krayzie:

ah ok guess i'll just learn to live with this control pod

rather spend that $50 on vinyls

thanks again!

really vinyls?! you should hang out in the 2 channel audio section Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

• 2 weeks later...

heya, you know what I get the same problem and it's after I bought a brand new fresh control pod from klipsch to replace the defective one I got (the one that had problems with front channel seperation). The front channels are ok now, but the rear left is very low compared to the rear right.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. It's definitely my left rear speaker that has a considerably lower volume than the rest. I've tested it by switching the rear speakers and the left side still has a very low volume. The left rear still has that low hiss that they all have but I've gotten used to it and have overlooked it because when they're playing actual sounds I couldn't ask for anything better. I put my ear up close to the left speaker and it hardly has any volume, I would guess that it's getting roughly 1/4 of the power that the other satellite speakers are receiving. I'm sure it's not any software settings on my computer because this seems to have happened slowly over time since I bought them on 10/28/99. I've played extensively with the sound settings and have reformatted and all that to no avail. It bothers me since I paid a lot of money for them and now I'm missing that left rear sound due to poor craftsmanship. It makes me feel like I'm losing my hearing in my left ear. I still wouldn't want any other speakers, these were awesome when I first got them and still are even tho I'm only getting sound from 3 of the 4 surrounding channels. This is my first form of contact about the problem, I realize they are out of warranty but I hope you back your products, Klipsch, that would be awesome. I won't buy another $400 set of computer speakers just to fix a left rear channel. Regardless of the gripe they are still one my most prized possessions. I just want them to work like they are supposed to. Thanks a ton for any help or advice.

At one point my right rear volume was really low. When I searched the forum, I found a thread where sombody suggested to just unplug the power cord to the sub for little while. Sure enough, about an hour later I plugged it back in the everything was good again.

The message author (sorry I dont remember who it was cuz they deserve credit)said the amp in the sub does some kind of reset when its unplugged for fifteen minutes or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sally_CSR

Dear Krazy, Mystirkb, Xaniam, Dongle and Thegodfather;

It is normal for the Promedias to be somewhat imbalanced at lower volumes. This is caused by a slight disparity in ohms for each potentiometer, which is very difficult to perfect. A way to counterbalance this is to lower your software volume on your computer, and compensate by turning up the volume control knob. The disparity is still there, but it is much less noticable at higher levels (10 ohms on one side vs. 20 on another is very noticable, compared to 410 ohms on one to 420 on another at higher volumes).

Let us know if that doesn't help!

------------------

Sally Keck

Promedia Customer Service Representative

1-800-554-7724 (option 4)

sally.keck@klipsch.com