w00p w00p

Just bought a set of the ProMedia 4.1's. The 5.1's aren't available in Australia and even these set me back nearly $700. Despite the price, I've got to say these speakers are absoloutely awesome and worth every buck spent!!!

I work at a PC store and we have quite a few sets of speakers set up. These were the only ones that could get down REALLY low in the bass on the demo song we play for customers and really shake the whole store hard :P, the sub has so much power Wink.gif The quality of the satellite's is also superb. Hooked up to my SB Audigy: DVD's, gaming, music they rock for em all :D

<---one happy customer Smile.gif

Got an email back from Amy at Klipsch, the speakers seem to be working perfectly now Smile.gif

Rhapsedy you were close but not the exact solution Smile.gif

quote:

It is normal for the Promedias to be somewhat imbalanced at lower

volumes. This is caused by a slight disparity in ohms for each

potentiometer, which is very difficult to perfect. A way to counterbalance this is

to lower your software volume on your computer, and compensate by

turning up the volume control knob. The disparity is still there, but it is

much less noticable at higher levels (10 ohms on one side vs. 20 on

another is very noticable, compared to 410 ohms on one to 420 on another at

higher volumes).

Me too! I'm from Australia & I bought mine for about $640.00 a few months ago. A lot of money, but I love it. Look at the quality! How many years will they last for? Heaps. I've got a Sound Blaster Live value card at the moment, I'll be upgrading to an Audigy or Hercules Gametheatre XP soon.