Help upgrading system around RF-7s

bfjones01

Hello all,

A few years ago I bought some RF-7s. After some saving, I'm looking into upgrading the other components in my system (with a $5k max budget).

I've spent hours scouring forums and reading reviews, but I'd welcome and value your opinions.

I'm currently running:

Technics SL-B205 turntable (inherited from mom; it needs to go)
Music Hall PA 1.2 phono preamp
Denon AVR-1912 receiver (also runs blu-ray & tv)
RF-7s (with RC-7)

So if it were you, what would you do to pair everything well and get the most bang for the buck in terms of improvement?

I've looked at some Rega gear and am eyeing either the rp3 or rp6. Seems like it would pair well with the Rega Aria phono in case I want to get into MC cartridges later.  I've heard that the Rega gear can be strong on the attack though, so I'm not sure if it would be a little overwhelming paired with the RF-7s.

A final consideration is that I am running my system through a midrange (at best) receiver.  I don't want to go too nuts with any individual components that would be stifled by the weak link.  Maybe bypassing the receiver would be the way to go?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.