how to choose for HT from Heritage Series?

yang

i think i am poisoning in Heritage by this forums, i never heard any Klipsch speakers, but i plan to build my HT/2 channel audio by used Heritage Series, my living room can not set Klipschorns, questions:

1) which model will be best for main? Belle, LaScala, Cornwall? why?

2) which model for mid channel? Belle, LaScala, Cornwall or Heresy's? why?

3) which model for rear channel? Belle, LaScala, Cornwall or Heresy's? why?

4) which years could be more good sound for Belle, LaScala, Cornwall, Heresy?

5) how much would be worth at this moment for Belle, LaScala, Cornwall, Heresy?

6) what are you current system, what is your experience in your system?

hope can get help from Heritage owner.

yang

I hope you can find the Klipsch speakers in China because at 100 pounds or more each the shipping cost is a factor to include in the price. I just bought some Cornwalls on ebay and there were bidders just under me from Europe and Asia so even with shipping these must be a good value in other regions.

5 or 7 La Scalas all around plus a killer sub woofer seems to be a popular recommendation outside of the KHorns. I can't fit big speakers in center or surround so I'm planning on 3 Heresy speakers along with my two Cornwalls up front.

The Cornwalls have a lower bass response than LaScalas and Belles but with a subwoofer many may prefer the LaScalas and Belles since they are more like KHorns (there are lot's of data on the differences on this board)

For a much different sound and technology listen to some Martin Logan electro static speakers with cone woofers for comparison. They are tall, thin and twice the price or more of used KHorns--certainly not the value of Heritage. Klipsch is based in Arkansas and Martin Logan is a younger company from Kansas. Where Klipsch look vintage these look futuristic. Both have different technology (horns & electrostatic panels) than most of the speakers sold today. Of course you should try the popular brands recommended by the high-end audio shops in your part of the world. Definitive Technology, Mirage, Paradigm, Energy and others all seem to be popular competitors to the new Klipsch Reference Line in the N.America and not as expensive as the wild Martin Logans. You need to compare the sound of Heritage to these modern speakers w/o horns and let your tastes decide.

The ebay prices seem to be as follows (this is not a statistical sample or definitive price range--just my perceptions on recent ebay activity (note that the original delta between the new price of Cornwalls and Belles/LaScalas has collapsed in the used market. You can now get LaScalas for the same price or less than Cornwalls:

Heresy - $300-$475

Cornwall - $800-$1,000

La Scala - $800-$1,000

Belle - $1,200 - $1,600 (many close below reserve in the $800's)

Klipschorns - $2,200

Condition and exotic wood vaneers can add huge premiums. Most in the price ranges above have a couple chips or stains in the wood. Many also have poor descriptions and not all the sellers will be able to give you all the data you request...some are outstanding.

I'm very interested in the value and difference between the years. I don't know the big delta's (price, sound, technology) between a 70's speaker and the late 80's speakers.

Help?

We should create a buyers guide to Heritage.