Rear right not working

Micah

I noticed just recently that my rear right channel is not working. I tested the speaker by hooking it up to the rear left out on the sub and the speaker works fine. I also tested the speaker wire and found that it works. This isolates the problem somewhere inside the subwoofer I guess.

Are there any other tests I can run to determine the problem? If possible, I would like to afford any costly repairs.

Thanks in advance,

Micah

I guess you could try hooking the rear channel (the purple plug) up to say a Walkman type CD/Tape player and play some music through it and see if both speakers are getting signal. If that is the case, then the problem could be with your computer/sound card. Also, double check that a plug did not come loose somewhere. Check both the speaker connections at both the speaker and amp ends. Also check to make sure the plugs are firmly connected to the sound card, especially the rear (purple) plug. If that comes out even slightly/b], that will cause the above problem (and this is from experience).

Failing all that, then I guess it'll be an excuse to upgrade to a newer set. You may be able to score a replacement amp from ebay (which I have done last fall when I blew mine).

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)