Thread size for RF-3 II outriggers?

jjpsych

Hi,

New poster here.

I have a pair of RF-3's and currently have the stock spikes threaded into the outriggers.

I am thinking about taking the outriggers off and replacing them with some larger "cone-type" spikes. (similar to those in Parts Express)

My question is what is the thread size for the screw that holds the outriggers to the speaker cabinet? (obviously, I want a set of spikes that match these threads)

Thanks,

Jay

You can measure the thread on the existing spike. Measure the diameter of the shank and the number of threads per inch. Thread size (in the US) is given by these dimensions, for instance a 1/4-16 bolt is 1/4 inches in diameter with 16 threads per inch.

A related question. I just got some RF-3's also. There is not enough space between my entertainment center and the wall for the outriggers. Is there any problem with removing them and putting the carpet spikes in the threaded hole where the outriggers were attached (they fit)? There is no chance of the speakers tipping over.

Maybe Klipsch changed them. I just got my RF-3's Tuesday and the spikes fit perfectly. Can't wait to get things hooked up listen to my new system.

RF-3 fronts

RC-3 center

RS-3 surrounds

RW-10 sub

Denon AVR 2802 receiver

Denon DVD-900

crummy old RCA 13" TV (to be replaced by Toshiba 57HDX82 next week)cwm12.gif