Crossover point of Sub

Aaron N

Question, where do some of you set you sub crossover at when listening to HT? Reason why I'm asking, I have my mains set to large and the center and surrounds set to small. Being that my reciever cuts everything from 100hz down to the channels set to small, and my fronts are playing full range, where would you guys set your crossover (100-110, lower?)? It seems to me that setting it below 100hz would cause me to lose some range being sent to the sub from the center and surround channels. I've set the mains to small and turned the crossover to 100 but it just doesn't have the impact of running the mains set to large. I have kg 5.5's, KV-3, and Infinity RS-425's as surrounds (need to change). What would you guys do?

With 2-channel there is no question, mains set to large and sub crossover set between 50-60hz.

aaron, i have a crossover out switch on my sub & set it out for HT w/ LFE.

LFE is different from low bass - some if not most receivers w/ the usual sub set-up send all LFE to your sub no matter what your large/small settings are.

the main thing is LFE can go up to 120HZ, so if u can't switch out the crossover, you may want to turn it all the way up so u don't cut off any LFE.

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster Z-12 cable

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!