Nordost Bi-Wire Cable

domvalvano

I just wanted some thoughts or comments on Nordost Super Flatline MK II bi wiring cables. Are they worth the money, does anyone have bi-wired cables that they feel were a nice investment. Other name brands that are high quality. Currently I am borrowing the previously mentioned cables and wanted to hear what you guys think. I know there are mixed feelings on bi-wiring in general, but I want as much info as possible to help make a decision, good or bad. Thanks, you guys know your stuff.

Hi:

FWIW, I used the Super Flatline for a couple years (a few years ago) and found it an excellent cable for the $$. I used it on several different speakers and found it did not have any idiosyncratic behavior. I also found it more transparent the the comparably priced Kimber 8TC and miles better than the Monster offerings. I've not heard it on Klipsch speakers though.

However, I did not like the silver/copper Norsdost Red Dawn or Blue Heaven. They were very "whitish" sounding and I think would be a poor match with Klipsch.

------------------

2 Channel

Transport: CEC TL-2X

DAC: Audiomat Maestro

Pre-amp: Wyetech Jade

Amps: Jeff Korneff 45

Interconnects/Speaker cable: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Power cords/line conditioner: CPCC Top Gun, Model 11, Super Power Block

Equip Stand: Grand Prix Audio Monaco

Belle Klipsch, K-horns

Second system- My dad's old Fisher 400-refurbished, Heresy II, Vecteur Variation CD player

I have some advice based on my own experience: I currently use Kimber 8TC in a biwire braid. I plan on adding a second amp to bi-amp, and I wish I had gotten two runs of cable for each speaker instead of one bi-wired run for each. When I make my bi-amp upgrade, I'll be forced to purchase two sets of speaker cable instead of one more. As such, if you're gonna bi-wire, I advise two sets of cable, just in case you want to bi-amp someday.

Peace!

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....