Help with surround speaker placement in 5.1.4 basement setup.

dalec

That room is indeed a challenge. I agree that post 18 is the best if the stand up desk must be in the room. 

do you even have room for the chairs for the standing desk? I play a ton of online games but I ended up using one of my 4 bedrooms in my house and converted it into a office for online gaming. After living in apartments for 10+ years and seeing a gaming rig where my kitchen table should go I got sick of seeing this out in the open all the time. I definatly wouldn't sacrifice your theatre room real estate for a gaming rig. Especially if this will prohibit you from reclining in your chairs while watching movies.

do you even have room for the chairs for the standing desk?

Yes, there's > 3ft between the front of the desk and the back of the couch. It's in the same room so that one person can game on the computer while the other games on the HTPC hooked up to the TV. One or both of us would be using a headphone setup at that point instead of the surround speakers.