Found volume static problem...

SGSeeker

My front left channel has been giving me static when adjusting the volume and I just found out that if I push/hold the volume nob up and adjust the volume, the static is gone but if I let off and adjust the volume, the problem comes back. This doesn't sound like a faulty amp to me, but more like a faulty volume control. I'm pretty sure I got the old amp since I got the speakers in September of last year but if this has been the problem I've been hearing about, well in my case, it doesn't have anything to do with the amp...Don't know what to do but it's sort of nice and not so nice to know what the problem is with *my* speakers. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

*Edit*

Holding it downwards also works...left and right do not though.

*Edit*

But this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the amp. *Pulling* the volume nob up or down prevents the static but it's still annoying. Also if I'm not even adjusting the volume but moving the nob either up/down/right/left, I hear the static...dpesn't have anything to do with anything besides the volume nob so I'm clueless right now.

• Moderators

The pre-amp is the volume control pod (different from the amps in the subwoofer). Contact me about getting a replacement.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com