Projection TV's

InventiveAudio.com

HOLY COW!! great replys-let me tell y'all where i stand.i decided to get a 4:3 hd ready top of the line sony 36"xbr KNOWING about the dvi on the next model(which is available now).i've got a dishnet6000, and i don't see how a dvi can be added to it,and if it is, i can't imagine them 'dissing' the early adopters of hd who don't have dvi.

also, BOTH my screen and tv are 4:3 because i have yet to see 4:3 morphed to 16:9 in any acceptable fashion,and the horizontal bands don't bother me. if i need a bigger 16:9 picture than my 36"tube offers,i pull down the screen and fire up the projector.

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

jvc s-vhs-et hi-fi stereo vcr

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sony set u have is real nice. I, however, didn't like the Sony RP sets. Sony, IMHO, always has the best picure bur for some reason their projection sets don't. Maybe they needed to be calibrated. I don't know but my eyes never lie. The Toshiba and Mitsu seemed best in large projection sets.

I also believe that there will be plenty of free HD content in the near future. The DVI connection is not a bad thing to have. Although, I paid a bit too much for it. I also decied on WD screen after seeing 4:3 stretched on the Toshiba. I thought that it was a very acceptable picture.

Here is a press release from Mitsu that was released last year.

MDEA also noted that DVI (Digital Video Interface) input is not part of its long-term product strategy because it is not networkable, controllable or recordable. Devices that support the DVI interface are really encouraging the demise of "Fair Use" home recording rights, because the DVI signal is not recordable.

"It is our strategy to ensure that our products fully support networking technologies and home recording rights as we migrate to a fully digital home theater and control environment," said Robert A. Perry, director of marketing. "Technologies such as IEEE 1394 and HAVi allow consumers to interconnect home theater devices, allowing for seamless transfer of content, including HD, as well as integrated control. IEEE 1394 devices can be simply controlled by each other, eliminating the coffee table clutter of multiple remote controls, or the confusion of multi-layer remotes.

"Mitsubishi Electric believes that many consumers want the benefit of simple control of their high-performance, home theater products, as well as other home devices. Our strategy is to deliver high-performance products coupled with easy on-screen control of connected devices. As consumers purchase more digital products, they want to be comfortable that their products can connect and communicate. The IEEE 1394 interface, coupled with Audio Video Control (AVC) and HAVi software, delivers that comfort. We specifically rejected the DVI interface, because it is effectively a "monitor" connection that cannot be networked or recorded. Consumers should not lose their right to record as we transition to digital," Perry added.

Separately, MDEA also confirmed that it is in discussions with a number of consumer electronics companies to allow them to license its "Promise Module" technology, which the company uses to ensure that all of its HD-Upgradeable televisions can be upgraded to an integrated HDTV receiver-decoder, IEEE 1394 networking, 5C copy protection and HAVi software.

Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. manufactures and markets a comprehensive line of premium quality analog, HD-Upgradeable and HD-Integrated projection televisions, satellite receivers, VCRs and audio products for complete home theater systems. Recognized as the world leader and innovator of big screen and digital television receiver technology, MDEA develops video products that lead the industry in performance, ease-of-use and system integration.