Older Klipsch Reference RF-3 Question

Tom Boucher

I've got the Klipsch Reference RF-3/RC-3/RS-3 and KSW-15 I purchased in late '99 I think it was.

I've just upgraded to an HDTV Projection 57" and want to reposition my speakers.

Are the RF-3's magnetically shielded? I'd like to sit them right next to each end of the TV (for space reasons)

Also, do you have a recommended mounting kit to hang the RS-3s from a wall, either from screw size/wall anchor point of view, etc?

Thank you. They are excellent speakers even though you've added newer models since then Frown.gif I feel inferior now.

But then I turn them on...and who cares! I'm your biggest salesman to all my co-workers and friends.

As far as I am aware, the RF-3s are shielded. I do know for a fact the RC-3 is shielded.

As for mounting the RS-3s. The RS-3s have a pair of keyhole brackets on the rear. You could just use 1 1/2 inch #10 screws into wall-board anchors and that'll do (or directly into the stud if there is one at the place where you are mounting your speakers). That is how I have my RS-7s mounted. There is a mounting template in the users manual that will give you proper hole spacing. If you don't have the manual, you can download one from the Klipsch site and print out the template. (Go to Products->Classic Products and scroll down to the RC-3s. Click on the RC-3 name and on the new page, along the side, there is a link to the english users manual).

Of course, if you don't want to use the Keyhole brakets directly to the wall, you could always use a shelf. There are people that have succesfully mounted the RS-<37> speakers using an omni-mount type device. They just fashioned an adaptor out of a piece of wood.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)