Subwoofer LF-10 difficulties

sublimeLF10

I recently bought a Signature LF-10 powered subwoofer to go along with my SF-2 speakers and Pioneer Elite VSX-21 receiver because I wanted strong bass, but I am not satisfied with its performance. I bought a monster wire subwoofer cable to hook it up, but I do not know if I have the sub hooked up properly because I am getting more bass with the sub turned off! I am extremely disappointed because I paid way more than I expected and the sub is hardly working, I expecte a lot more. Please help me to hook it up correctly because I hope it works as I expected. I have the volume turned all the way up, the level all the way up and still below par bass. Help!

How do you have your speakers configured in the Pioneer? Large/small? Do you have SUB YES indicated? What type of source material are you using the test it with -- DVD (Dolby Digital), CD, etc..?

Properly configured and placed, the LF10 should rock your walls. Keep in mind, however, that there were some production problems with the LF10 and Klipsch pulled it from the market. It is possible that yours is one of the problem children. If so, I believe Klipsch will stand by it under warranty.

I have the subwoofer setting to ON on my receiver, subwoofer volume all the way up on both the receiver and the subwoofer itself, have the speaker setting to small, the cutoff setting on the receiver set so the subwoofer kicks in at below 100hz. The last time I was experimenting with different sounds I put the receiver setting on large speaker instead of small speaker and immediately noticed a big difference. Much to my surprise, I went over to feel the subwoofer speakers barely moving at all, it was actually my regular speakers making all of the bass! Keep in mind that not only do I have the bass on the receiver set to a heavy +4 out of +7, and still no wall shaking going on. Please let me know if I should just return the thing, or if I am doing something wrong. My Brother's Infinity sub seems to produce more bass.

I have had 2 Lf 10's. The first blew air and the replacement had a problem with the amp. It worked well at first then it gradually faded until there was very little output at all even at max volume. Sometimes it actually would start thumping away with nothing on at all. This turned out to be an amp issue/problem. Eventually I returned the LF 10 and went with Velodyne's HGS 12.