KG 3.5 possibilites? what to do...

RPopiel

I posted this question in the "technical" section, but I thought it might be answered better here. I just blew one, possibly both the woofers in my KG 3.5 floorstanding speakers (a combination of my stupidity and a careless mistake). I can't find any physical damage to the speaker anywhere, but you can definitely hear damage in the low-tone frequencies. It distorts bad and has no bass. I found an 8" MCM POLYPROPYLENE RUBBER SURROUND 8 OHM 85W RMS to replace them, but was wondering if I have other options. Would I be better off trying to get drivers from perhaps the reference series or are there other choices still? Also, if I were to replace them, would it be possible to add another woofer to each of the speakers. It would be just like the KG 5.0 except with 8" drivers instead of 10". Would I have to use different crossovers with the reference drivers or if I were to add another speaker the the box? I'm really stuck on what to do here, so I'd appreciate any help I can get. THANKS IN ADVANCE!! cwm31.gif