Sound help please

Jimi V

On 12/24/2016 at 8:11 PM, Schu said:

Did you run FULL mcacc pro?

What sound processing is selected during playback (rock, spoken word, jazz etc)?

What sound format are you running (stereo, surround wide etc)?

What format is feeding you elite (pcm, bitstream etc)?

There ARE  a lot of variables that need to be weeded thru when using the modern AVR because they are so adjustable and capable.

What format should I be running out of my Dish Network and Blu-ray player?

Not to veer off from the topic, but I went from a similar setup to yours and switch to a pure 2-channel system. I have no regrets doing so.. I am currently using a tube amplifier and use it for both music and movies. I love it, and it is a very simple setup. My speakers are the RF3's, which are very similar to yours.. a dual 8 inch woofer and a horn tweeter.. These speakers can both handle the very low octaves with ease, eliminating the need for a subwoofer. Just my thoughts, you can take them as a grain of salt and it won't bother me :D.

Make sure the center is pulled out to or preferably an inch over the edge of the cubby it's in. Angle it up as well. But try at least temporarily to turn off the center and see how it sounds. It will probably not sound ideal off axis (pulled to whichever side you're seated on), but it will probably sound more ideal than the current setup in the center position by pulling the tweeter up to ear level.

• Like 1