Help Setting Up Family Room

miliellie111

2 hours ago, miliellie111 said:

Will it still sound good for movies without a center channel with just either RF7-ii's or RP-280fs up front in the corners of the room?

I use just a 2.1 channel system for everything I do. Few movies, but plenty of music and video games, and I've never felt like I was missing too much. I'll upgrade to 5.1 in the future (or more, depending on what the next Nintendo console supports) but I'm not in a huge rush. My sound goal was to have power, detail, and emotion dynamics, and for it to be smooth and neutral. That's more important to my ears than having more speakers.

Plus, you can always compound your system, which I think is really the best way to go. Start with RP-280Fs, then buy RF-7s later and use the RP for surrounds. You can have a satisfying upgrade without having to closet your old speakers. (I've heard RP-280F but not RF-7 though, maybe someone who knows both can weigh in on whether each speaker would blend well)

So I'm thinking of doing the RP-280f's, a pair of RP-240s, a Marantz SR7010 and and Klipsch R-112SW sub.

Heres the prices I got delivered to my door:

RP-280f's & RP-240s- $1149

Marantz SR7010-  $900

R-112SW sub- $420

Is this setup along with the prices a good deal?

Thanks