Sonos 5.1 vs Klipsch Wireless Home Theater

bigosufan

Hi-

I currently own a Sonos 5.1 system. It is primarily used for watching movies in my man cave. Its a nice system. I'm a sucker for great audio when watching movies so I've been thinking about upgrading to the Klipsch wireless home theater system (control hub, center speaker, front standing speakers, two bookshelf speakers as surrounds and the sub). The Klipsch system costs about $3000 more than the Sonos. I know that it will be sound better, but I'm wondering how much better it will sound and I was hoping that people who have listened to both setups can chime in. I have not listened to the Klipsch system personally but the reviews I've read all state that it is fantastic and sounds great. Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

I have the 5.1 Klipsch Wireless. The dealer had Sonos and Klipsch set up to compare. The Sonos was great for music but not so great for busy part of action movies. I have the Klipsch for 2+ months now and I love them. Are you sure about the price? I was quoted $1800 for the Sonos 5.1 and $3000 for the Klipsch 5.1