RSB-11 Video Latency

Roberson

I recently purchased a RSB-11 soundbar. We've been very pleased with the audio quality and integration into our home theatre set up.

I've noticed video latency, maybe a frame to 1.5 frames (33+ ms) to the audio. The video is behind the audio.

I have an Xfinity cable box outputting audio and video via HDMI into the RSB-11 and then into our Sony TV.

I have recently updated the firmware for the RSB-11

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a way to fix this?

Can delay be added to the audio signal to sync up with the delayed video signal?

Any help is greatly appreciated

JOHN

On 4/24/2017 at 5:55 PM, Roberson said:

I recently purchased a RSB-11 soundbar. We've been very pleased with the audio quality and integration into our home theatre set up.

I've noticed video latency, maybe a frame to 1.5 frames (33+ ms) to the audio. The video is behind the audio.

I have an Xfinity cable box outputting audio and video via HDMI into the RSB-11 and then into our Sony TV.

I have recently updated the firmware for the RSB-11

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a way to fix this?

Can delay be added to the audio signal to sync up with the delayed video signal?

Any help is greatly appreciated

JOHN

We have Xfinity boxes on all of our systems and it's prevalent on all tv's, audio sources.  It also varies greatly depending on what channel we're watching.  For us CBS broadcasts are the worst.  We put a Samsung soundbar/sub in the living room for the wife and it has audio delay settings in it.  So, we can change the delay within the soundbar.  The drawback is that you could adjust it almost every time you change a channel.  As for a solution to your issue, first I would check to see if the Sony tv that you have has audio delay settings/control.  

If it doesn't you may be unfortunately stuck with it the way that it is.  I did not see where the RSB-11 has any audio delay functions.  I could be wrong though.  If it (Sony) does, I would run my inputs as such; wall/cable box/tv/soundbar.  You would have to use the HDMI inputs though as I believe with an optical (toslink) output the audio delay feature on a tv will not work.  In other words, if the tv has audio delay capabilities I would use that to help correct the issue.  This particular issue has been around for awhile now and I don't think it's going anywhere soon.