Klipsch Premiere HD Wireless - 4K Passthrough?

mm22

What if I have multiple 4K devices (e.g. Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV), what's best way to get 4K across multiple HDMIs if only one HDMI port in the HD Control Center has the 4K passthrough? 

Apparently, the HD Control Center only has one 4K passthrough? 

http://www.klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-hd-wireless?model=hd-control-center

4x HDMI with 4k Pass-through (1 port includes HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 support)

Same question here.  They have 2.2 4k HDMI switches.  I believe it's Rocketfish at Best Buy but then it's another component and another remote.  Would have to switch components via the HDMI switch and not the Klipsch HD Control.  Not ideal for me.  My Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Directv all have 4K programing plus I play UHD movies thru my Playstation.  That's 4 UHD devices and only one HDMI port.  I feel your pain.  Maybe that will be one of the "Free Hardware Upgrades" in the future Klipsch promises.  Holds breath and waits. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Simple, Klipsch wireless hub does not pass HDMI 2.0a. Required for most high end 2017 TV's.....i.e. Apple TV, LG OLED. SINCE 2015 CES they've been stating they will stay on top of mods with LIFETIME firmware. Denton recently released a firmware upgrade to address exact same issue and we're talking a $230 receiver. Current hub can only pass thru 2.0..... Connect an Xbox One X and you'll see what I'm talking about. So if you have a native 4K TV, HDR 10 or Dolby Vision....not gonna happen. You will only get SDR. Klipsch has been contacted and nothing but "crickets". If they come out with " sorry, we were wrong, you need to buy a new & improved Hub 2.0 for $400 to enjoy the new specs". That's deceptive marketing and borders on class action lawsuit. They advertised, sold and cannot deliver or at least respond to its customers. Klipsch is a top notch co with unbelievable products. But they introduced a very expensive line and seems like they're back peddling. Quick fix is direct connect your media devices and connect a Tosslink for audio. Then open the OSD and enjoy 2.0 optical at 48 kHz.....haha...what a joke.....convention over, no news other than some new device which if that's true should be free to customers who purchased this system prior to 2.0a requirement than we consumer fraud.....which sucks....lastly don't confuse the lame 1 input 2.2 HDCP compliant port. That's great for devices which work fine on 2.0 or below, that has been known and built in devices back in 2015. Everything in 2017 pretty much meets that in 3-5 of their HDMI inputs. Going with a amplified switch to meet this 2.0a and b is coming CANNOT get passed through current 2 yr old RP hub......and this is in addition to the other bugs people have encountered on other forums...forget wireless for now and stick to old school......hard wire, Dolby Atmos capable AVR. My apologies for the tone of this post but really disappointed after being a loyal customer for the last 20+ yrs.....can't say anything negative about the phenomenal and without equal gear they sell.....Klipsch get on this, won't be long before Audiophile mags spread the word.....stay tuned

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 10:11 PM, bsAudio said:

Simple, Klipsch wireless hub does not pass HDMI 2.0a. Required for most high end 2017 TV's.....i.e. Apple TV, LG OLED. SINCE 2015 CES they've been stating they will stay on top of mods with LIFETIME firmware. Denton recently released a firmware upgrade to address exact same issue and we're talking a $230 receiver. Current hub can only pass thru 2.0..... Connect an Xbox One X and you'll see what I'm talking about. So if you have a native 4K TV, HDR 10 or Dolby Vision....not gonna happen. You will only get SDR. Klipsch has been contacted and nothing but "crickets". If they come out with " sorry, we were wrong, you need to buy a new & improved Hub 2.0 for $400 to enjoy the new specs". That's deceptive marketing and borders on class action lawsuit. They advertised, sold and cannot deliver or at least respond to its customers. Klipsch is a top notch co with unbelievable products. But they introduced a very expensive line and seems like they're back peddling. Quick fix is direct connect your media devices and connect a Tosslink for audio. Then open the OSD and enjoy 2.0 optical at 48 kHz.....haha...what a joke.....convention over, no news other than some new device which if that's true should be free to customers who purchased this system prior to 2.0a requirement than we consumer fraud.....which sucks....lastly don't confuse the lame 1 input 2.2 HDCP compliant port. That's great for devices which work fine on 2.0 or below, that has been known and built in devices back in 2015. Everything in 2017 pretty much meets that in 3-5 of their HDMI inputs. Going with a amplified switch to meet this 2.0a and b is coming CANNOT get passed through current 2 yr old RP hub......and this is in addition to the other bugs people have encountered on other forums...forget wireless for now and stick to old school......hard wire, Dolby Atmos capable AVR. My apologies for the tone of this post but really disappointed after being a loyal customer for the last 20+ yrs.....can't say anything negative about the phenomenal and without equal gear they sell.....Klipsch get on this, won't be long before Audiophile mags spread the word.....stay tuned

I agree 100% with what bsAudio is saying here.  I won't go into the problems I've had.  You can see in 3 different threads here.  Klipsch is still Klipsch.  Great sounding speakers is what they are known for but it looks like they should have stayed out of the wireless game.  At least come out and tell us you bought a lemon and we won't be coming out with a solution so we can move one.  The lack of communication is the worst part.  Bush league customer service from a company that depends on loyal customers.  

• Like 1