Audigy 2 with 6.1 and Klipsch 5.1s

napsaregood

I was thinking about getting the klipsch 5.1 DDs. But, now that creative has come out with a 6.1 soundcard I'm not so sure what I should do. Say I had the 5.1s hooked through the DD receiver, what would could I run a rear center channel directly out of the sound card and what would the result be. The reason I want the DD is well... for the added quality and so that I can hook up external sources to it. Would it be better to just drop it and buy the 5.1s without it and then get a center channel possibly from the synergy series?

the rear center... you can not add a speaker to the 5.1 system without getting another speaker with an amplifier. if i were you, i would use the digital output from your current sound card, if possible, and connect that to a receiver with the Quintet speakers.

BTW, the audigy is notorious for not sending out a reliable digital signal, and its expansion from stereo or 4.1 to 5.1 is TERRIBLE, no news on if they changed it with the 6.1 Audigy2, but creative never acknowleged the terrible sound quality from CMSS when we talked to them about it on their boards and through emails...