3 feet above my head

Dombo

I watched the Sound and Vision Tune-Up DVD and they had a graphic that lowered and rasied the surround speakers. I want to know if the surround speakers are supposed to be 3 feet higher than my ears. And if they are higher than my head, then when I measure for the channel delay, do I measure diagonally from the listening position to the speaker (like in a cross-section) or horizontally to a spot on the wall beneath the speaker (like on a floor plan). Just curious cause that could add a foot or two.

For a center channel: if my tv is not centered between my mains, does the center go directly on top of the tv or still in between the mains. Right now it is right above the tv, which I think is right.

Thanks in advance.

IMO, you would measure from your head to the actual speaker, 'cause that's how far the sound has to travel. I think they would normally be higher than your head, unless you are so close to them that the sound will project over your head.

Since the center channel anchors dialog to the screen, I'd put the speaker centered over the telee.

DD