Sub Connection

Yes_Boss

I have the referece series 10" sub connected to a Sony 333es. On the back of the receiver, and the sub there are two woofer connectors.

Could someone tell me that do i have to run two cables?

Run one cable, and use a splitter on the sub side?

Or just use one cable all the way?

I would like to get the best result?

Thanx

you do not need to use a splitter. One cable for each sub would work fine. Some people claim to get an extra db or so out of using a splittler, but I don't know if it's true. I'm just using one of the jacks on my RSW-15. I think if you're only going to use one, they say to use the white input.

i think we're talking 1 sub here. i'd run a connect from one of the sub outs & use a Y-adapter to both line inputs of the sub.

many w/ svs & klipsch subs (including the klipsch guys on the ksw) say that it does indeed add some output. doesn't w/ my velo sub, but i've found hooking up both of this sub's inputs w/ a Y-adapter does make it wake-up form auto-standby more readily.

ken, i don't know why either & w/ getting more output too on those other subs. but for me w/ the wake-up it just does for me. even mentions it in the manual to do it for this. try getting the schematics from the makers to see why. i did & didn't on the ksw. 9.gif

one of those things like biwiring that if it just cost a couple bucks to do it then might as well if it don't sound any worse. 2.gif