Suggestions/Help with a Setup

JohnK

On 3/21/2018 at 1:50 PM, wuzzzer said:

Just remember when you are talking about surround speakers they should be placed as sides not rears in a 5.1 setup.

speaker-placement-5.1.jpg

23 hours ago, dtr20 said:

That's an ideal situation, but some rooms may not allow for this.

Yea unfortunately that wont work for me the way my room is currently. I drew a crappy not exactly to scale pic, but anywhere with a purple line there is no wall there (ie window, door, or half a wall with a wrought iron railing going upstairs.)

layout.pdf

On 3/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, fuzzydog said:

What's your opposition to bookshelves?  I've compared my RB-81s to my RF-7II's and found that the 81's hang pretty well at moderate volumes.  

I think the Denon you're looking at would be just fine.  I like my 6300, but honestly think that my older Pioneer SC-1323 sounds cleaner to me.  The Denon runs much hotter than my Pioneer also so i had to buy a separate fan since it is inside of a cabinet.  

FWIW, the order i purchased my gear was:

1. Main speakers (2 channel)
  2. Subwoofer
  3. Center Channel
  4. Surrounds
  5. Atmos

Didnt really have a piece of furniture to set them on. Just figured the floor standing would be easier for my current room setup

23 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Accessories 4less has the Marantz 7011 for 1050. You can always contact an online dealer like @MetropolisLakeOutfitters, they might have a price close to that. I bought an svs sub from him and can not recommend him enoug and he is an authorized dealer.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr7011/marantz-sr7011-9.2-ch-x-125-watts-networking-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

Thanks I'm gonna check them out.