New to Klipsch.. need help

First Time

I am going for a full house set-up with in-wall speakers for several rooms (bathrooms and kitchen as well as outside) and standalone speakers for the surround set-up. What are the in-wall speakers like compared to other brands? What is the premium Klipsch speaker set? I am new to this but want an awesome sound. I have seen a couple of Klipsch set-ups that were very impressive.. Also, anyone out there have experience with plasma tv? Is it worth the cost? Thanks..,.

Check out the Reference series in-wall and in-ceiling models at www.klipsch.com

Full specs and information available. Also look at Synergy Allweather outdoor models.

As far as speakers, check out reference. And about plasma, I really don't think its worth that much $$$$$$$$$$$. If you want an elegant, space saving TV in you living room, yeah maybe, but not for home theater. Thing is these Plasmas go for like 12 grand, you know what kind of normal TV you could buy for that? Heck, for 12 grand you could buy a projector and screen.

Hey First Time and welcome to the wunnerful world of Klipsch!

In my present home I installed a pair of SCW2's in the master bedroom ceiling and have been very pleased with the sound. However, the following are MHO's and ideas - YMMV.

For sound in various rooms, one is typically not concerned with accuracy or imaging; rather, it's background music. I would find it rare that anyone would be using an in-wall speaker for "critical listening". Therefore, I suggest that you buy Klipsch's Synergy series speakers, save the pennies you would've spent for Klipsch's Reference series in-walls (sorry Klipsch), and use that towards your HT or 2-channel main system speakers.

Second, I used a stereo pair in my master bedroom and had I had to do it over again, I would've installed one speaker in the master bedroom, one in the master bath and run a mono signal to them. Once again, critical listening is not the focus. So why spend the money for two speakers in one room when you can buy two speakers and have sound in two rooms? Additionally, I would apply this concept to the rest of the house I would want music in. IOW's single mono speakers in various rooms.

Lastly, building on this background music theory, I would suggest that you consider Klipsch's round in-wall (ceiling?) speakers versus the two-way's. This is purely from an installation ease perspective. I've installed both, and the rounds are much faster. Also, if you're a precision fanatic like me, it's tough to make sure those rectangular speakers are plum, square, and true. Get the cutout wrong and you'll have a speaker that's not parallel to a wall or ceiling corner line (if that makes sense).

HTH.

Tom Adams