Klipsch G-28 vs RP-640D

stoka

Hy guys

Does anyone know, what's the difference between this 2? (Except the colour of the woofers ofc ;-P)

I compared them, and they seem to be completly the same...

PS:

What do you also think as using one of them as rears?

I have RP-280F and RP-450C front. My sofa is completly at the wall, and the room is too short, to put it away from the wall.

Next problem is, that left and right of the sofa are doors on boots side around 10 inch away, so there is also no space to put a speaker there.

Just on the wall directly behind the sofa it would be possible.

• 3 years later...

I own both, and, initially, I thought they were the same. Everything on paper seems to suggest they're the same, except the Gallery series has a power rating of 75-300, and the RP just says 75.  I thought that would make the Gallery a better choice and I bought it.  Shortly after, I ended up trading a gaming monitor for the Reference Premier and I began testing the two all over the house.   I noticed the RP had a slightly higher frequency response on paper, but not enough to be noticeable, or so I thought.  Without a doubt, the RP sounds better, livelier, I can hear more of the music or movie with the RP vs the Gallery.  I can't imagine the coper cone is the difference, so it's got to be the driver that's pushing it or the crossover.  I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts on this as well. 

Edited by Pashco.Ceo
  • Like 1

Thx for the late response 😉

In the meantime I bought the RP-240D as back-surround's and I'm really happy with them.

They sound ofc a bit different compared to my RP-150M, which I use as surrounds, but they still fit fine as back-surrounds.

I think they are a great option, if you don't have enough space in the back.

I build a picture frame with around 9x4,5 feet in 2,75" thickness and use it as a cover for them.

• Like 1