R-41PM Static

ochu

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the R-41PM speakers, and since I first plugged them in they've had this pretty loud static noise. The noise comes from the 1" tweeters from both speakers, and it only requires power cord to be plugged in and the speakers powered on. I've run around the house plugin them into different power outlets and even connected them to my ups for "cleaner" electricity, however nothing helped. Then I figured that since the left speaker has normal inputs, I connected it to my oldish home theater amp and the static noise was gone. Audio was also fine with it. So I think the static is caused how the right speaker handles power delivery or just simply because it handles the power delivery.

So I'm wondering if this is something I just have to deal with or could the right speaker be faulty? I admit that I have a pretty sensitive hearing and I'm easily disturbed by excess noise, and the speakers are in a pretty small room, so I can hear the static clearly.

I appreciate any thoughts or tips

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just purchased May 3, 2022 and same issue. Based on the info in the video below, it is a transformer hum or toroidal hum but I can't find a solution for the C-7, two-prong plug that the r-41pm speaker uses. It's too bad no one from Klipsch has replied. :(