Heresy II's Sideways

Klipschott

Texts>I found this bulletin board yesterday for the first time and found the posts on setting Heresys on their sides interesting. So, I tried it. Wow! I thought I had a new pair of speakers.

Mounted on 14" stands about 8" from the wall, the Heresy IIs did not even sound like the same speakers when positioned on their sides. The improvement in tonal separation is indescribable. Everything is so distinct with the midrange the most improved. And the soundstage is definitely wider. I definitely suggest trying this approach if for no other reason than to have fun and experiment.

I would, however, like to have a little more bass. Has anyone used Subwoofers with their Heresys and what are the results?

My Heresys had been mothballed for a new pair of KSP 400s. The built-in sub and bass response are what attracted me to the 400s, but they are just too much for my application. They overpower the room. With a "new" pair of Heresys, I may have to find a new home for the 400s.

I was not sure if the Heresy II's would have the same effect when turned sideways as the Heresy 1's. The flush mounting of the horns and different horn material, as well as crossover changes left some doubt. From your description, it sounds like the effect is pretty much the same for both series.

Thanks for posting your findings. I have yet to turn my Heresy's verticle after putting them on their sides five months ago. It's not a tough choice once you try them sideways. I've found that "tweeters toward the center" works best for my environment. Other rooms may have different requirments.

pkeller