Speaker Control

Rkn-Rod

Has anybody ever seen a "directional" speaker control switch? I have found numerous "on/off" and "A/B/C/D" multi-speaker type switches, but need some sort of "F/R/L/R" type switch. To explain; I sit facing my PC and have front and rear right/left. My TV is line-in'ed to my sound card and is to my left of facing the PC. To watch the tube with proper front and rear right/left I am having to pull out the sub and reposition the speaker connections. What I am seeking is a better way of doing this with a two position switch that controls the flopping of the speaker connections. Like speaker connections out of the sub to the switch box then an "A" position to have the signals to the PC speaker setup(F/R/L/R)and "B" position for the TV speaker setup (F/R/L/R).

To explain further-

As is, to tube proper- FL -> FR

RL -> FL

FR -> RR

RR -> RL

When done, of course, I have to flop em' back.

This gets a bit frustrating, but is definatly worth the price for the effect. Sure would be nice to just flip a selector switch to have this happen. Seems one could be made for this, but was hoping to just purchase one. Anyone have any ifo on this type of switch or even heard of such a thing? Thanks much.

I know what you mean.. I have my TV on the right side of my speakers, so the rights would be fronts and the lefts woudl be rears, but at the moment, only have a mono hookup to my computer so all speakers are the same. I have been trying to think up a way to do it to where I dont have to have any switched between the sub and sat connections. I wish there was a way to do it thru Creative SoundMixer.

The easiest way would probably be to forget about the sound card and make a splitter/adapter that puts the TV output into two mono right and left. Then connect these mono to the speaker inputs that are normally in your soundcard. Would have to make a few custome splitters but it is possible.

There is a positional effect (the guy in the seat) in the Surround EAX Mixer Control allowing changes to be made. The front/rear right/left sliders in the Mixer Control do have an effect as well, but without repositioning the speaker outs (-vs actual speaker rotations)the effect still falls far short. Forgetting the soundcard isn't an option as I then loose any Movie Mode or 5.1 effects. Running the TV right/left outputs directly to soundcard or directly to the Promedias leaves me in the same boat, I think. Thanks for the input and I take some satisfaction in knowing you can "feel my pain". Without a doubt; I will be doing the "drop and flop" (crawling under the desk to switch wires) to do this for as long as I have to....the payoff is beautiful

It wont be the same if you make your own special adapter as I had mentioned in my previous post. As for the modes/5.1, are you using analogue in cause you dont get any 5.1 that way? I would not even worry about Movie mode.. I don't even use that stuff. Just listen to the movies how they are and enjoy the bass.

Yeah, you lost me then on the "special adapter". I run from TV audio stereo out r/l rca to mini stereo and into line in on sound card. Yep, selecting 4 speakers (Movie Mode) or 5.1 speakers. They both have different effects to the sound to me. Some movies I watch sound better set to one or the other. Basicly I set my TV volume and then bring up the CP-1 volume to my liking (usually just below taking over the TV volume) and then control total volume from the TV remote. Setting the Sub to THX mark. Setting the Surround til the rears just tweak in. It's wicked for me (ie: windblown reed noise in rears in Thin Red Line/ shell casings in rear right in Matrix). Plenty of bass. I like the preset effects offered in the 5.1 speaker selection for some flics and mostly use Movie Mode when selecting 4 speakers. Call it what ya' will....I call it beautiful. I know you don't use reverb, effects or nuttin, Para. In my mind the TV speakers are my center and the Promedias are my F/R/L/R.