The Three - with Alexa

rh5000

Hi,

My first post here.  I've had my Three since Christmas and really like it.  I use it almost exclusively with an echo dot and voice commands, in my bedroom.  I've been curious the whole time, though, whether I've really got it connected correctly and I don't know how to figure it out.  Everything is working great so I don't have any issues...just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. 

It is my understanding that The Three can stream Tidal directly.  I guess the first thing would be to confirm I have this right.  And what I mean is, it doesn't go through the echo and then to the Three, but the echo tells it what to play and the Three then connects to Tidal and streams the song.  I want to make sure that is actually what is happening and that it's not going through the echo first and just acting like a connected bluetooth speaker.

If I say, "Alexa, play Traveling Riverside Blues on Tidal",  the Three will answer with "Playing Traveling Riverside Blues by Led Zepplin, from Tidal".   So, the source is coming from Tidal.  I just don't know how to tell what path it is taking to get there.   I have an Echo Show in the kitchen and it responds exactly the same way.  And, I have an echo plus in the living room that I connect to a bluetooth receiver connected to my receiver and it also responds the same way.  So, I'd like to know if there is a way to tell if I am streaming directly to the Three or if it is going through the ehco dot.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

If there is already some info on this, please point me in the right direction.  I was not able to find anything searching.

Thanks,