Khorns and SS gear

Effster

I initially tried to have the family room be a 2-ch and 7-ch deal all at the same time. I found myself very dissatisfied with the effort because I was listening to two different media altogether. As stated above, the 6.1 was broadcast, cable, movies and pyrotechnics. My yearning for a REAL 2-ch system was music. I wound up with a room for the kids, wife and dog and everything they wanted to watch/listen to, and me claiming the living room as my sancto sanctorum.

Unfortunately, the living room, while comfortable, is a lousy listening room. The Klipschorns reside in opposing corners with lots of furniture in between. While it doesn't sound bad, I know a properly set-up and proportioned room is going to sound an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE better. No scientific evidence, just intuition.

So, the "next house" will either have one of those rooms or a logical place to tack one on. They're totally different beasts from the HT for sure.

Besides, 2-ch is boring to my family; it will be a place for me to hang with the dog and a glass of JW, ice to the top.

Mobile homeless,,thats exactly how I have it set up.2 different systems,,1 is 2 channel audio with the high-end goodies,,the other is a marantz av-600 preamp with an adcom gfa-7000 to handle the other 3 channels.I did try years ago to use the av-600 to do it all,,but its no high grade enough for clean music.I have the av-600 chained in from a set of rca's to my aragon preamp when I want to watch tv.Only downside is getting the 2 volumes balanced correctly.Its not perfect,,but it works.Jeff