New CP-1 Headphone Jack

jdavis37

I'm in market for a quality headphone setup for my PC and while posting a message due to my stati bound CP-1 ( older version ) I now see that there is a new unit which offers aheadphone jack. I was looking inot the Sennheiser 580's but due to thier power demand and need for an amp backed out of it. Just dont want to turn $300 for a PC based headfone system though could benefit using them on my home audio system.

Anyhow here's the simple question.. does the CP-1 headfone jack offer any gain bost at all? I didn't know if the preamp section would afford any gain at all for the headphone jack. If so coupled with the DSP Pro unit the 580's might work without an externak amp added, or even a pair of 535's.Thanks for any insight! John

i'm using the hd545's right into the headphone jack, no amp. They sound pretty damn good to me, but do get a little garbles at high volumes (an amp would solve that, but i just don't have the fundage right now). but they still sound great at a decent level.

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Janko.. I assume oyu mean u are going straight into the CP-1 Headfone jack. Isnt the impedance on the 545's either 120 or 150 ohms? If so that would make it similar to the 535's but half that of the 580's. If it werent for using the headphones on my home stereo I would without question buy the 535's.. is a steal. But trying to figure out how much I will use on home stereo where the 580's should shine! Thanks for the reply and is reassuring to know if I buy the 535's and DSP I probably wont have to buy an amp right away!

I'm looking at gettign the HD496.. they look great and sound great from what I have read. Impedance is 32 Ohm. I will probably build an Altoids headphone amp over the summer.

------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

-------------------------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

FOP38 & CuShim

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GTS

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 & Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A Sony 12X DVD