Need help setting up my new system CORRECTLY

Pheer

Hi, I was reading some of the posts on this site and just wanted to ask for some advice. I orderd a Sherwood RD-6106 surroud sound amp, and JBL N38 speakers for front, with yamaha A-635 bookshelfs for rear, and Klipsch KSW-12 for sub. How should i set my equipment/settings for optimum bass settings? I hear a lot of people saying they got no sound from their sub and im just a bit worried. Thanks a lot

as for the ksw, just hook it up to the sub out w/ a good quality shielded interconnect Y

or Y adapter to both L&R line inputs of the ksw (which u have probably already done).

the sher's i know were great units in the 70s when i was a teen angel biggrin.gif almost got one then, but decided on that other wood.

generally, then set sub to yes, any speakers that don't effectively produce lower bass freqs. to small. play material w/ low bass and/or lfe & u should get something outa that ksw. then fine tune & season according to taste.

------------------

Klipsch KLF-30 (front), KLF-C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster Z-12 cable

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Thanks a lot. One more question, what should i set the crossover frequency to on the sub unit? My main speakers do 45-20,000. Think around 80-85 would be good? Any more comments on what i need to do? Thanks

that's a good ? depends on the receiver's bass mgmt & really u need to just fiddle w/ that cross to where it sounds best/blends in

on bass w/ your jbl.

the thang w/ the ksw-12 is it has no lfe(unfiltered) jack. most receivers will send lfe only to the sub out/sub just by setting sub:yes. but lfe can go up to 120hz.

so it may be better if your new receiver has them to use the main preouts to ksw & speaker

level connections to the jbl. depends how your receiver handles things.