Help with new sub

M6 Driver

Well I went from subless to picking up a LF-10 and I seem to have no idea what involved.

What I do know is I have a Yamaha 995, 4 KLF 30's and a C7

plus a sub cable with splitter presently it's plugged into the "line in" on the back of the sub.

Any help would be great even some humor from the Elf would be fine.

John

TheElf speaks

Well I guess your Yamaha 995 has a sub pre out,then from the sub out use your interconect and go to the sub line in.Set the subwoofer level to medium.Then turn the gain on the sub to max and find a spot for the sub.If you have space in a corner try the sub there,then try alongside the front wall.

Where bass is optimal to you leave the sub there and now adjust the gain on the sub so it does not add too much bass.

The cutoff on the sub can be set to high because the Yamaha cuts the upper freq.Phase should be set on 0,try phase at 180 when deep bass plays and with your mains working in full range.Where you get more bass leave it there.

RXV995 settings,Set LFE/Bass out to SW if you want low bass signals to go only to your SUB(Yam Rxv995 has a set crossover at 90Hz)or you can select BOTH which will send low bass to SUB and MAINS,Set Center Speaker to Small so low bass signals go

to Sub/Mains Set Rear Speakers to Small and if you set LFE out

to Sub only set Mains to Small if you set LFE out to Both set

Mains to LARGE You can also set your MAIN LEVEL to Normal or

-10dB if your mains are too loud compared to center and surrounds.The crossover in the 995 is too high try setting sub

crossover to 40-60hz or what ever sounds best to you.