Is klipsh out of business?

Alan123

Regarding Klipsch, a well-established audio equipment company, it's highly unlikely that they would have gone out of business. They have a solid reputation and a long history in the industry. It's possible that during the time of the thread, they might have experienced temporary communication issues or challenges in responding promptly to inquiries.
If you're still facing difficulties in reaching Klipsch or if you're interested in exploring enterprise task management solutions, I recommend checking the most recent sources for updates on Klipsch's status. You can visit their official website, social media accounts, or contact them through more current channels to get accurate information about their business operations.

Edited by Matt6VZ

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 2:23 PM, Islander said:

Every company seems to be shorthanded these days.  At the drugstore I usually use, the business hours are 9 am-10 pm.  They sell all kinds of things, from clothing to cameras to computers, to Klipsch speakers.  They even have a little listening room.  However, the pharmacy section itself now closes at 7 pm, because they can't find enough pharmacists.

Some labour problems take years to appear, and years to fix.  Here in BC (British Columbia), a previous Conservative government decided that they didn't want to have too many doctors to pay (through our government-funded health system), and restricted the number of places at medical schools.  It took a few years for the shortages to appear, but now many doctors are old and are retiring, with not enough mid-career doctors to replace them.  As a result, many people can't find a family doctor, and the walk-in clinics are overwhelmed.

The case with pharmacists is similar, and now the store can't find the people to staff the pharmacy for as many hours as they used to.  The help wanted signs are all over town, in every kind of store.

Back when I bought my first La Scalas, in 2006, Klipsch customer service was great, with friendly people who answered the phone quickly, and had the info you need.  Later, in 2013, when I got the La Scala IIs and needed a little advice about their lacquer finish, the customer service was just as good, but it sounds like it has gone downhill in the last few years.  The pandemic has to have been a factor.  It caused changes throughout society and business around the world, and the effects will last for years.  The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway shut down after 35 successful years, due to the reduction in the number of tourists visiting New York, because travel is down all over.  In my town, Victoria, many businesses depend on the cruise ship traffic.  This year we'll have over 300 visits from cruise ships, each one carrying 2,000 or more tourists looking for souvenirs.  However, cruise ships were banned for two years, 2021 and 2022, meaning many shops closed, due to the lack of business.  The few that could hang on will do well, but it's too late for quite a number of them.

As for the comments that customer service is everything, I disagree.  Yes, it's very important, especially if the products you're looking at are mostly the same.  For some car buyers, for example, maybe they restrict their choices to Ford, Chevy, and Dodge.  Then they choose which one to buy based on which dealership is the closest, or which has the friendliest staff, rather than on any technical or performance advantages.  For them, the cars are basically interchangeable.

However, when it comes to speakers, the higher-performance Klipsch speakers, especially the Heritage Series, are not interchangeable with other brands of speakers.  To me, at least, their performance advantages, as well as their long-term resale value, put them in a league above other speakers.  Some other premium products, like certain electronics or cars, can have a waiting list of a year or more, but their customers buy them anyway.  The product comes first.  Customer service is important, but it's not Number One.  Hopefully, Klipsch (and many other companies) will soon be able to find the skilled and courteous staff they need.  In the meantime, we enjoy our speakers.

Thank you for this!