Fix for PM 4.1 Distortion?

Snuf

I am wondering if anyone has come up with a fix for the distortion problem for the PM 4.1's? I get an odd distortion on some low bass or even higher freq.'s that will go away if I unplug one of the REAR speakers only. The problem doesn't seem to go away if I unplug one of the front speakers.

I have cleaned the plugs. I do not want to buy a control pod unless it is positively going to fix the problem.

So, anyone know of fix yet?

Hiya Snuf,

There could be problems with the speaker wire that connects to your rear speaker. Chek it for damages, and make sure you have not looped it around itself too mush (avoid looping ur extra spaker wire, it acts as an inductor and induces a voltage in your speaker wires. It is a trap for any electromagnetic signal, including power lines). I would switch the wire running to the speaker in question and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for the response. But the problem is not with just one speaker, it is with all of the satelittes when all 4 are connected. If I disconnect one of the rears, the other 3 sound great, no problems at. As soon as I hook it back up, the problem comes back too.

I do have the excess wire for the rears bound neatly behind the sub, I don't like a big mess back there and didn't want to cut the wires, may want to move them further at some later date. Guess I could try and "stretch them out" to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

No. I contacted Amy and Linda at Klipsch, and was told that I needed to send it in to be repair at a cost of $50 plus shipping to fix it, or $169 to buy a new sub.

I have not yet responded, but will probably send it in after the New Year. Quite frankly, after the horror stories I have seen here, I am a bit reluctant to send it in. I guess I will just take necessary precautions and document and photograph everything in case there is a problem.

Snuff, Snuff, Snuff

Go to Best Buy, get a new set of 4.1's for $199, or go to Tweeter Home Entertainment and get a set for $199.

Only $30 more and that may be the shipping costs.

Also, then sell the old satellites and control pod on eBay and you will actually MAKE money!

Heck, if you MAKE $60 you can get the 4 year warranty from best buy and not have to worry about the speakers for four more years! 1.gif

This is what I would do without a doubt.