KSW 12, Wow I blew a fuse!!

SteveDeBeave

I turned up my Sony receiver woofer output to +2, got through the entire movie The Sixth Day and then the fuse blew. I am suprised that just raising up to +2 would do this. I'll try to get some fuses tomorrow, hope thats all thats wrong! I bought this through BrandNamez.com, and now I am hearing some bad stuff about the warranty. I hope it's just hot air, I have a serial number and a original box that was un-opened???

Steve

Well I got a new fuse and the woofer is back to woofing. Had to go to Radio Shack for that slow blow 1.25A fuse.

Looks like I need to keep that sub-woofer output down some on my Sony receiver.

Steve

------------------

Bringing Wood Back to life!

SF-2 mains

SC-1 center

SS-1 rears

KSW-12

Sony DE845

Sony S560D

Sony CE345

JVC HR-A61U VCR

Echostar 4922 sat rec.

Starband satcom

Digital PC link to reciever/MP3's

Fridge full of Beer

We have had a mixup in fuses which will cause them to blow at moderate volume levels. Seems our supplier substituted "fast blow" fuses where there should be "slow blow" fuses. This makes a great deal of difference even with the same current ratings. As I recall, a fast blow fuse will pass twice its rated current for something like 3 seconds before blowing. A slow blow will pass twice its rated current for more than twice that time before blowing.

If your KSW-10 blows its fuse, you can use a 1 amp, slow blow fuse - nothing larger. Radio Shack part number 2701021l.

If your KSW-12 blows its fuse, use a 1.5 amp slow blow Radio Shack p/n 2701022. Nothing larger.

If you use fuses as above and still have problems, contact Klipsch at 800-klipsch for help. Sorry this has been such a pain.

Thanks for the tip, BobG. With three KSW-12's in my rear speaker array (but nary a blown fuse) it seems prudent to trot by Radio Shack and tape a spare underneath them. Any comments on a p/n for the KSW-15 that's up front? Thanks for your support, HornEd