New Klipschorns? (or Jon comes out of the basement)

JonM

Okay, so I've been away for a while, and I come out of the proverbial basement to see that Klipsch has released the long awaited updated Klipshorns!

I have found only one review of the new Khorns, and it is VERY positive. Has anyone here heard them? How do the new tweeter and squawker sound? Who actually makes the new drivers? Anybody thinking yet of updating their existing Khorns with the new drivers?

My 1976 Khorns are doing great, thank you very much, so I can easily resist the upgrade fever. But it's good to see the old masters back in production. Paul should feel proud, wherever he is :-)

Jon, nice to see you back as well.

IMHO, I love the older vintage Klipschorns if for no other reason than they're old :) and damn, the price was right ... It was great fun to resurrect them from the dead and put them back into rightful service.

Carrie is actually fond of them right now, and with the SET gear, she can actually hear the difference.

Go figure :)