KSW-12 setup w/ Heresy II's

elcap373

I own a pair of Heresy II's (vintage about 1989) and just purchased a Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer. What would the recommended configuration and settings be. Should the speaker connections be run through the subwoofer? I have currently set the KSW-12 up on the B speaker connections. If i continue to use the B connections - what would the recommended crossover frequency be? The KSW owners manual is worthless.... A bit more technical info would be very helpful.

Klipsch Heresy II's

Klipsch KSW-12

Klipsch Synergy SS.5 Surrounds

Yamaha RX-830 RS Receiver

Yamaha CDX-730 CD Player

I would use the speaker level inputs to the subwoofer and connect the main speakers to the speaker out connections on it if convenient. The fixed crossover frequency of 100 Hz is an appropriate one for use with Heresy II which starts to roll off about that frequency.

I have a KSW12 and have the same question. My fronts are KSB 2.1's. Would you give the same advice? Also, if I run my fronts through my sub, will I lose any power in either my sub or my mains? Or will my receiver's power still apply to my mains?

Thanks.

It sounds pretty good to me.... Although I have been told that one subwoofer is just about as good as the next. What's

important is that the size of the thing is large

enough to fill your room with sound. I'm no expert.

I got the ksw-12 on e-bay for the price of a ksw-10.

I have a relatively small room for my equipment - A

ksw-10 may have been fine - but the ksw-12 easily

rocks the room - and is nice and smooth at low

volumes. I'm a happy camper....

rwm

• 7 months later...

One subwoofer is not as good as the other!

I compared the KSW-12 with REL Strata III in combination with the Heresy II's. I connected the hihg-level input to the spaeker-out of the amplifier. The low-filter should be set as low as possible (that was the case for both subwoofers). The REL was for sure the better subwoofer giving an enormous synergistic effect in reaching "live-performance" levels of music with a much broader soundstage and much more dynamic music.